29 July 2009

A word of caution

There is actually no way to more quickly dismiss someone who has been seriously injured than to tell them how you would manage to deal with what they're doing.

Whether it's telling me that I'm awkward on my crutches or joking that if you were me, you'd be moving all around the campus by now?

Shut the hell up.

Stop it.

Because, really, a major injury like this changes my entire world. I can't wash my damn calf. So why not just shut up and let me do what I need to do?

Today has been frustrating in a way that seems like it'll extend beyond now.

A lot went well, including 2 really good career advising sessions and an awesome conversation with an acquaintance about interviews for jobs. It wasn't a bad day, just an eye-opening one.b

No comments:

Post a Comment